8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking tour guide
Transport to and from Reykjavík
Guided hike to the eruption site
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Fagradalsfjall Volcano Full-Day Hike from Reykjavik?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Fagradalsfjall Volcano Full-Day Hike from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Fagradalsfjall Volcano Full-Day Hike from Reykjavik?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Fagradalsfjall Volcano Full-Day Hike from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This was than a moderate hike but it was well worth the time and effort." See review
- "The hike was reasonable and didn't take as long as I thought, with beautiful views" See review
- "We have toured over 100 day trips and if you avoid arctic adventures being the tour guide this is a five star trip." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Fagradalsfjall Volcano Full-Day Hike from Reykjavik
5 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikBus Tours - VikHiking - VikNature and Wildlife - VikFull-day Tours - VikBus Tours - SkaftafellHiking - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - South IcelandHiking - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
National Museum of Iceland Tours & TicketsBessastadir Tours & TicketsNational Gallery of Iceland Tours & TicketsSnaefellsjokull National Park Tours & TicketsSilfra Fissure Tours & TicketsHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja) Tours & TicketsEyjafjallajökull Volcano Tours & TicketsStrokkur Tours & TicketsMt. Esja Tours & TicketsThe Pearl (Perlan) Tours & TicketsAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center) Tours & TicketsSun Voyager (Solfar) Tours & TicketsReykjanes Peninsula Tours & TicketsSkógafoss Tours & TicketsSkarfabakki Cruise Terminal Tours & TicketsLangjökull Tours & TicketsReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal River Tours & TicketsImagine Peace Tower Tours & TicketsSaga Museum Tours & TicketsÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn) Tours & Tickets