- Journey by foot to one of the most unique landscapes in East Iceland
- Hiking poles and crampons are available if required
- Get insights into the surrounding landscape from your guide
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from select hotels in Egilsstadir
Departure & Return
We start this tour at the parking in Vatnsskarð on road nr. 94, between Egilsstaðir and Borgarfjörður Eystri.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Trip difficulty: 3 out of 5 possible.
- You need to bring: Good hiking shoes, warm clothes, rain gear and a small backpack.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Travel East Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.