- Enjoy a Golden Circle Classic day trip from Reykjavik
- See Thingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Visit the Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Marvel at the double-tiered falls of the Gulfoss waterfall
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Take in panoramic views of the plant that harnesses the area’s natural propensity for generating power, and hear how it produces renewable energy for more than half of Reykjavik's population.
Continue from here along the famous Golden Circle, the sightseeing route that showcases three of Iceland’s most spectacular natural wonders.
Stop by at Thingvellir National Park, a region of untouched beauty steeped in ancient history. Learn how it’s home to the original, outdoor site of Iceland’s first parliamentary assembly, the Althingi, that began in 930, and see the extraordinary Thingvellir rift, where the tectonic plates of America and Eurasia face each other over a narrow valley.
Snap photos as your guide explains how the plates are gradually pulling apart, and then continue to the Gullfoss waterfall. Marvel at the double-tiered falls and, with luck, catch sight of one of the famous rainbows that forms in the mists.
Next, visit the incredible geothermal region of Geysir, known for its hot springs and geysers. Take in the bubbling pools and steam vents, and see Strokkur, a waterspout that shoots to around 98 feet (30 meters) in the air.
Your tour then ends back at the original start point in Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stops will be made during the tour at locations where facilities can be used
- Stops will be made during the tour at locations where lunch and snacks can be purchased
- A small amount of walking is required to reach the sites
- Foldable wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. However be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The tour may be guided in two languages on the same bus
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms