- Afternoon trip from Reykjavik to Gulfoss and Geysir
- Pingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Charming village of Hveragerdi
- Gullfoss waterfall
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports.
Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
What To Expect
Pass waterfalls and geysers, and learn about the harsh, yet strikingly beautiful, landscape from your guide. Then, hop out of your coach at Thingvellir, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and location of the old Icelandic parliament. Geologically, the site is significant, too. Hear about the ‘rift valley,’ where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet, and admire the wild stretching plains that make up the wider Thingvellir National Park.
From the park, continue onward to Gullfoss, one of Iceland’s best-known waterfalls. Stop for photos, and then visit the Geysir hot spring area, home to Strokkur: a large natural spring that burst jets of hot water into the air.
Fees at all national parks are included in the cost of this tour.
Your afternoon tour then finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik Including Gullfoss and Geysir.
- "Gullfoss is absolutely amazing and worth the price of the tour by itself." See review