- See the Skogafoss and Seljalandfoss waterfalls, and Skaftafell National Park
- Check out the film locations for James Bond's 'Die Another Day' and 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider'
- Learn about the area's history from an English-speaking tour guide
- Enjoy convenient pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik hotels and guesthouses
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
As you travel, listen as your guide shares tales of south Iceland, an area rich in picturesque villages and natural spectacles such as glacial rivers, waterfalls, and volcanic peaks.
Drive through villages such as Selfoss, Vik, and Kirkjubaejarklaustur, and marvel at the snow-capped mountains and epic landscapes of Skaftafell, part of the Vatnajökull National Park.
Visit the spectacular Skogarfoss waterfall, and drive through the volcanic desert of Skeidarasandur—a vast sand plain where sandstorms can be so intense that they strip paint from cars! Pass Iceland's largest active volcano, the ice-covered, sub-glacial Oraefajokull, and gaze up at 6950-foot (2,119-meter) Hvannadalshnjukur on its summit crater, the country’s highest peak.
Shortly afterward, arrive at Jokulsarlon Lagoon: a breathtaking expanse of water strewn with ice chunks that has provided the backdrop for several action films, including the James Bond hit 'Die Another Day' and the 2001 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider' movie.
Stop a Seljalandfoss on your way back to Reykjavik, where you have the opportunity to follow the path behind the falls. Your day trip concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Boat tours on the glacier lagoon are not included in the tour price.
- Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended
- Drop-off after tour may not be directly in front of your hotel, depending on route and traffic limitations.
- Stops will be made during the tour where you can purchase meals and use restroom facilities
- Tour is approximately 14 hours long, but with regular stops along the way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms