Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour to the Víðgelmir cave and other geothermal features of western Iceland
- Guided trek into the Víðgelmir cave
- Relax in the Húsafell geothermal pool
- Bring trekking clothing, shoes, swimsuit, and a towel
- All safety equipment is provided
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make a stop at Europe's most powerful hot spring, called Deildartunguhver, and the lava waterfalls at Hraunfossar. Take a short break in Húsafell.
Arrive at Víðgelmir cave, one of the world's largest natural lava caves, for a guided trek into the earth. Admire the cave's striated colors and unusual rock formations while your guide talks about the history and geology of the cave, which was discovered in the Viking age.
On the journey back to Reykjavik, stop at the Húsafell geothermal pool to relax your muscles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Remember to bring a swimsuit & a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot
- Remember to bring warm clothing & sturdy footwear
- Children 3 years and younger are not permitted on this tour
- No pickup from hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Excursions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms