1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This tour in Hafnarfjörður offers more than the typical horse-riding excursions. You first spend time with the horses at the stables, helping to groom them and learning about the unique breed from staff. Afterward, you can take a ride around the paddock while taking in the dramatic landscape. A maximum group size of 15 ensures personal attention and you can upgrade to include round-trip transportation from your Reykjavik hotel.
- Get hands-on experience caring for Icelandic horses before taking a ride on one
- A small group size ensures an intimate experience
- Learn about the unique breed from the staff
- Hassle-free roundtrip transportation from your Reykjavik hotel, if option selected
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
Helmets, rubber boots, rain gear, and warm overalls
Hotel pickup (if selected - please provide hotel information to tour operator directly via email)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Weight limit is 240lbs/110kg
- Used riding gear is not allowed on the tour or near the horses
- The group size is usually 1-15 guests
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Hotel pickup selected, please provide hotel info to tour operator via email
- Most travelers can participate
- Participant considers themselves physically able to take part in this tour. Including getting on and off the horse by their own strength
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ishestar
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Icelandic Horse & Stable Experience from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Icelandic Horse & Stable Experience from Reykjavik?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Icelandic Horse & Stable Experience from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsHorseback RidingNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikHorseback Riding - VikNature and Wildlife - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellHorseback Riding - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandHorseback Riding - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandCategory
HveragerdiFaxaflói BaySkarfabakki Cruise TerminalSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Reykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsImagine Peace TowerVidey IslandVatnajokull National ParkSilfra FissureSnaefellsjokull National ParkStrokkurThrihnukagigur VolcanoSkogar MuseumNational Gallery of IcelandÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)The Pearl (Perlan)Hofdi HouseAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)National Museum of IcelandEyjafjallajökull Volcano