4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Don’t just aim to see the Northern Lights, understand them, too, with this museum visit and Northern Lights tour combo. You’ll pair a classic Northern Lights tour with a visit to Aurora Reykjavik, a museum that documents everything about the Aurora Borealis through multimedia exhibitions. After learning about the Northern Lights and getting tips for capturing them on camera, you’ll travel out of the city to hunt for the lights themselves.
- Understand the science behind the lights during a visit to Aurora Reykjavik
- Learn how to take impressive Northern Lights photos before you find them
- Travel to an off-the-grid location for the best chance of seeing the lights
- Warm yourself up with a complimentary hot chocolate and Icelandic snacks
Saved to wishlist!
Short introduction in photographing the Northern Lights
Aurora Reykjavik Museum Ticket (~$16)
Aurora Basecamp admission fee (~$31)
Departure & Return
Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Aurora Reykjavík Museum - Grandagarði 2 - Reykjavík
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iceland Horizon
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Aurora Experience Small Group Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Aurora Experience Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Aurora Experience Small Group Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Aurora Experience Small Group Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 60271P4
Compare Similar Experiences
Aurora Experience Small Group Tour
4 to 5 hours
3 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikHalf-day Tours - VikBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandHalf-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Secret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)National Gallery of IcelandHveragerdiSkaftafell National ParkFimmvörðuháls VolcanoMt. EsjaLandmannalaugarSkógafossThrihnukagigur VolcanoLangjökullEyjafjallajökull VolcanoVatnajokull National ParkThingvellir National ParkImagine Peace TowerSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalReykjanes PeninsulaSnaefellsjokull National ParkSeljalandsfossSilfra FissureThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)