Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour Northern Lights tour from Reykjavik
- Enjoy convenient transport outside the city to find clear skies without disturbance of city lights
- Travel by 4x4 'super jeep'
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
The route and stops you make depend on the weather and 'aurora forecast'; your driver takes you to places where you're most likely to see the lights, but of course this cannot be guaranteed due to the whims of Mother Nature. Efforts will be made to capture photos of you with the lights in the background, when possible.
Your tour ends with return to Reykjavik around midnight or 1am.
Tour vehicles have been modified with 40- or 46-inch (1- or 1.2-meter) wheels that can handle the challenging terrain of Iceland all year. They are equipped with fold-down steps for easy accessibility, leather seats, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, GPS, first-aid kit, trackwell, and other security equipment.
Please note: the tour operator reserves the right to cancel this tour at any time, depending on the weather and sky conditions. If the tour does operate but the Northern Lights aren't seen, you may try once again at no extra charge. If all nights are canceled due to weather conditions, you'll receive a refund. It is recommended that you book your tour for the first night you're in town so you can maximize your chances of sightings, in case you need to go another night. Group sizes get bigger if several nights in a row are canceled due to weather.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge.
- If we need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather and you did not do the tour at all, you get a full refund (this will not apply if you did the tour and did not see the northern lights, or if your your second attempt is cancelled due to bad weather)
- Please contact us at +354 569 8000 around 5pm on the day of the tour to see if the tour is on
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Superjeep EHF
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff