Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 14-hour super jeep tour to the Landmannalaugar Mountains
- WiFi and hot drinks on board
- See the area's stunning landscape of mountains, rivers, lakes, and lava fields
- Access territory deep in the wilderness only reachable by specialized super jeep
- Hike through the rugged landscape
- Relax in a thermal pool
- Pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please register your address for your pickup location or send the information at firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Expect
Travel first to Þjórsárdalur, a green valley dotted with rivers, waterfalls, lava fields, and birch woods. Travel on to the two-tiered Hjálparfoss waterfall, where you can walk down an easy path to see the plunge pool, framed by lava structures and basalt formations.
The tour's next stop is a deep blue crater lake called Hnausapollur, which makes for surreal photos. Continue to Frostastaðavatn another lake where lava flows that plunge directly into the water.
At Landmannalaugar, see the black lava flows running through the multicolored cryolite mountains. Take the walking path to the Brennisteinsfjöll volcano, special for its vibrant color scheme of dark lava fields, yellow sulfide, and green lichens. After your hike, take a relaxing hot bath in the natural pool at the foot of the Laugahraun lava field.
Your last stops are Haifoss, Iceland's third-highest waterfall, and Ljótipollur lake, surrounded by dark red crater walls.
Return to Reykjavik for drop-off at the conclusion of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Try Iceland Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Landmannalaugar by Super Jeep from Reykjavik.