Explore our promoted experiences
- 1-hour puffin express cruise from Reykjavik
- Experience Icelandic native species and see puffin and other seabirds in their natural habitat
- Learn interesting facts about seafowls from your knowledgeable guide
Departure & Return
Please make your way to the Special Tours ticket office. There you will check in and meet your guide, who will take everyone to the boat just before the departure time. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the departure.
What To Expect
During your trip, learn from your expert guide about the puffins as well local seabirds, such as northern fulmars, gulls, arctic terns and black guillemots. Warm up with a fresh cup of coffee while watching the sweet seabirds nesting and diving into the sea after their next meal.
Between May and August every year, the puffins nest on the island. The rocky outcroppings and slopes that form protected areas are perfect for hatching and raising young puffins. Riding on a custom-designed boat means that you can get as close as possible to the funny little birds. Use of binoculars on your tour is also included. When you reach the island, you'll circle it a few times before the captain turns off the engines, allowing you to enjoy the bird life in peace.
Your 1-hour tour ends with drop-off back where you started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Tours Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I suggest you dress warmly so you can stay outside and see more puffins!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews