- 5-hour Thingvellir Park Silfra snorkeling tour from Reykjavik
- Experience the only place where you can snorkel between two continental plates
- Don a dry suit to float through Silfra's ultra-clear waters
- Marvel at the fluorescent greens and blues of the waters and rocks
- Refuel with hot chocolate and cookies
- All equipment provided, only swimming experience required
- Round-trip transport with hotel pickup and drop-off included on the below times: • 07:00 / 08:00 / 09:00 / 14:30 / 15:30
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up in your hotel in Reykjavik. If you are in the very center of Reykjavik, please check busstop.is for the bus stop closest to your hotel.
What To Expect
As you travel, take in the volcanic landscapes and hear from your guide about the park’s geology and history as the site of Iceland’s earliest parliaments. Thingvellir is also famous for the rift valley between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates: a valley becoming gradually ever wider as the plates slowly pull apart. Some of the fissures and faults between the plates, such as Silfra, are filled with clear, cold water.
On arrival at Silfra, hop out, and listen to an introduction to snorkeling in the fissure. Then, don a special dry suit over your everyday clothes to stay dry and warm in the cold water.
Learn how to use your snorkeling equipment, and enter the water via steps. Then, follow your guide on a 30- to 40-minute tour of the only place on the planet where you can snorkel between two continental plates.
Float through the intensely blue glacial waters that are famously clear for having filtered through the underground lava for 30 to 100 years. The incredible visibility — more than 328 feet (100 meters) — showcases the rocks, with their emerald plant life and algae creating beautiful colorscapes.
Swim the narrowest section known as the Silfra Big Crack, following the fissure as it widens into Silfra Hall. Gaze through the waters into Thingvallavatn Lake before entering the deep Silfra Cathedral. Float over the boulders here before finishing in stunning Silfra Lagoon.
Afterward, change out of your dry suit, and warm up with hot chocolate and cookies before your return transfer and drop-off at the Reykjavik start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants will need to fill out a medical form before participating in the tour. Please contact local operator in order to request the form via email.
- All participant heights, weights and age must be provided to local operator. If you did not provide at time of booking, please contact supplier immediately after booking to provide this information
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- We recommend wearing long thermal underwear and thick wool socks as a base layer under the dry suit
- Minimum height is 4ft 11in (150cm). Minimum weight is 100lbs (45kg).
- Maximum height and weight is 6ft7in (200cm) and 264lbs (120kg).
- Participants must be comfortable in water and able to swim, physically fit and healthy
- Please note that that dry suits can sometimes feel quite tight and constricting
- All participants must be able to communicate in English.
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Dry suits are worn over your own clothing
- Recommended to bring a change of clothes and warm undergarments
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to be picked up from your central Reykjavik hotel or hostel, please provide details of the hotel/hostel in the relevant field at checkout. If you prefer to meet at the tour at the BSI Bus Terminal, please note this in the hotel field at checkout
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY DIVE.IS - The Sport Diving School of Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Top-Rated Snorkeling Silfra Tour with Pick up.