- Snowmobile tour of the Langjökull glacier from Gullfoss Waterfall
- Ideal for adventurous travelers
- Drive a snowmobile over the frozen surface of Europe's second-largest glacier
- Absorb views of volcanoes, mountains, and frozen crater lakes
- Receive personalized attention in a small group of six
- A valid drivers license must be held by the snowmobile driver
Departure & Return
Pick up location is at Skjól Campground (coordinates 64°18'39.9"N 20°14'02.1"W) Please be ready by the campground no later than 10 minutes prior to your departure time and keep a lookout for our guides and car. Departure from Skjol is promptly at your departure time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Each snowmobile can accommodate one driver — who must hold a valid driver’s license — so decide who’ll be taking the wheel during your safety briefing on arrival at the Langjökull glacier.
Then, once you feel suitably prepared, set off on a ride past the frozen crater lakes and icy landscapes of the glacier. On a clear day, you’ll be able to see Eiriksjökull glacier, Hofsjökull glacier, and the Kerlingafjöll mountain range in the distance.
Following your adventure, return to base camp to change and then relax during the return ride to Gullfoss Café, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- This tour departs from Skjol Campground, it does not offer pick up service from any other locations. You will have to meet us at the campground no later than your tour departure time
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Please note that if you book odd numbers of participants you must pay a single rider supplement fee locally
- Please note that all participants that will be driving a snowmobile must have a valid drivers license
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Participants must follow rules and safety guidelines as instructed by the guides
- Participants must obey local traffic laws
- Guide to client ratio: 1 guide per 6 sleds
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Snowmobiling on Langjökull Glacier from Skjol.