- 5-hour ATV quad bike and Raufarholshellir caving tour from Reykjavik
- Zip along dirt tracks, mountain passes and river crossings on a 1-hour quad bike adventure
- Enjoy magnificent views over Reykjavik Bay and the Reykjanes peninsula from Hafrafell Mountain
- Venture underground for a tour of the Raufarholshellir cave
- Includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport
- Full instruction and all equipment provided, suitable for complete beginners
- Ideal tour for those looking to get off the beaten track in Iceland!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels in Reykjavik City. You will need to send us your accommodation details in Reykjavik City. If your hotel is at a no-pick up zone. You will need to be assigned to a bus stop. You need to be ready at 08:00. The pickup is between 08:00-08:30.
What To Expect
Follow your guide on a thrilling 1-hour circuit and get your adrenaline pumping as you tackle challenging terrain, zoom along dirt trails and splash across rocky river crossings. Climb to the summit of Hafrafell mountain and pause to take in spectacular views across the Reykjanes peninsula, Reykjavik and Hafravatn Lake.
After a short stop for lunch (own expense) en-route, arrive at the Leiðarendi lava cave and get suited up for an unforgettable caving excursion. Equipped with a head-torch, follow your guide into the darkness and explore the 900m-long tunnel, carved into the earth by an ancient lava river. Scramble and crawl through the caves and be mesmerized by the dazzling colors and otherworldly rock formations that lie beneath the surface.
Your tour ends with a return transfer to Reykjavik and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pricing is based per person 2 people riding on one ATV quad bike
- Children ages 8 and up are only permitted to ride as passengers on the ATV quad bike
- A full valid driver’s licence is required to drive the ATV quad bike
- No minimum amount of passengers required to book
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Safari Quads
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 1hr ATV Adventure & Caving from Reykjavik.