- Save time with skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Sweeping views of Rome from St. Peter's Basilica dome
- Comprehensive tour of the basilica, Vatican Museums, and Sistine Chapel
- Art historian guide provides in-depth commentary
Departure & Return
Meet at 745am for 8am departure by the Tiare fountain (Fontana delle Tiare), just beneath Largo del Colonnato and in front of the pillars which run around Saint Peter's Square. · Your guide will be holding a When in Rome Tours signboard. Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/vZvCNgmmozFLnzT3A
The tour concludes on St. Peter's Square beside St. Peter's Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Maximum 20 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by The Original Entire Vatican Tour & St. Peter's Dome Climb.
- "It was very hot but it was 90 out side skip the li e is a must as the wait was at least 2 hours or more in the hot sun ." See review
- "The Climb to the top with "When in Rome Tours" is highly recommended, even by grandma!" See review
- "Give yourself time to walk to the meeting point for Vatican museum and Sistine chapel tour." See review