- Skip-the-line access
- Led by an art historian
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The itinerary is not wheelchair accessible unless the person in the chair can stand up, climb and descend a few stairs.
- The tour itinerary is 2.3 km long on hard marble. Hence wear comfortable sneakers or shoes with orthopedic inner soles.
- Please bring a bottle of water per person.
- If it is raining carry umbrellas that are compact and can be folded and not ones that have sharp pokey end. The long one give by your hotels will have to be checked into the cloakroom of the museum and involves a 1 km walk to get it back again.
- Carry medium size back packs as large ones will be checked into the cloak room and involves a long walk to get them back.
- The following items along with the bags will have to be checked into the cloak room: glass bottles of any kind, swiss knives, wine openers, large tripods and large bags.
- Photography is permitted in most rooms but without flash. It is prohibited to photograph inside the Sistine Chapel.
- The tour ends in front on the Basilica. You can spend more time inside the Basilica but you cannot go back to the Sistine Chapel nor the Museum.
- You can also chose to climb the dome on your own, for a separate fee.
- On Wednesdays the Basilica is closed until noon due to the Papal Audience.
- On extraordinary cases the Basilica can be closed without notice. This is out of our hands, but will give you an extended tour of the museum and description of the Basilica. Refund will not be offered due to the closure of the church.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Europe Odyssey Tours di Rahul Raghavan & C.sas
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum and Basilica Small Group Tour.