- Learn about the Colosseum's history and engineering from a guide
- Listen to tales of gladiator battles that once took place here
- Skip-the-line admission to the Colosseum with a guided tour
- Tour limited to 25 people with all entrance fees included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The meeting point is at Via delle Terme di Tito on the corner with Via Nicola Salvi. Our staff will wait beside the park entrance with a "Tour in the city" sign.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once.This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Forbidden objects inside the Colosseum: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour In Rome by Tour in the City
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms