10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Rome—without the stress of planning—on a full-day shore excursion from the port of Civitavecchia. In addition to round-trip transport, the day’s itinerary includes private tours of the Vatican and Colosseum, as well as free time to explore. Unlike group trips offered by cruise companies, this private tour ensures a personal, customized experience.
- See the best of Rome on a private shore excursion from Civitavecchia
- Enjoy private walking tours of the Colosseum, Vatican, and Rome's highlights
- Save time with pre-booked admission
- Feel free to customize your itinerary to your interests
Saved to wishlist!
Private and Customizable tour of Rome. We do not combine groups
We only use licensed (blue-badge) tour guides for your full day tour of Rome (6hrs)
Professional driver at your complete disposal for the whole day (10hrs)
Luxury Mercedes vehicles. E class, V class, Vito, Sprinter van
Port of Civitavecchia pick-up and drop off
Meet your driver with sign at the exit of your ship. You do not need the shuttle bus
Skip the line tickets and private walking tour of the Colosseum (1hr)
Skip the line tickets and private walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel (2hrs approx.)
Skip the line tickets and private walking tour of St. Peter's Basilica (15 minutes approx.)
Earphones rental. Mandatory inside the Vatican Museums and the Basilica for groups (more than five)
Lunch break 1PM/2PM. Our office can book the restaurant for you.
Gratuities (not mandatory)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver will meet you right at the exit of your ship bearing a sign with your name. No shuttle bus needed.
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
- Ciampino Airport, Rome Italy
- Roma Urbe Airport, Via Salaria, 825, 00138 Roma RM, Italy
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Earphones are mandatory for groups (more than 5 Guests) inside the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica.
- Vatican Museums closed: Sunday, Easter, 01May, 29Jun, 14Aug, 15Aug, 01Nov, 8Dec, 25Dec, 26Dec
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A single van is used for up to seven people. For groups over seven people two Mercedes vans are used. A single guide is used for each individual group regardless of the number of people.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Limousine Service in Italy
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would absolutely recommend this trip without hesitation, especially if you have a tight schedule, younger children, or just appreciate getting the VIP treatment." See review
- "It was very hot the day we were in Rome and it was great not to have to walk in the blazing sun to get to all the attractions." See review
Product code: 26786P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeShore Excursions - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoPorts of Call Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoShore Excursions - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaPorts of Call Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaShore Excursions - AssisiBus Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiPorts of Call Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiFull-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Villa TorloniaSan Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini (Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini)Jewish Museum of Rome (Museo Ebraico di Roma)Seven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma)National Roman Museum (Museo Nazionale Romano)–Palazzo Massimo alle Terme Via Cola di RienzoSpanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)Basilica di Sant'Andrea della ValleVia GiuliaCinecittà WorldTrajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Vatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane)Rome Basilica di Santi Giovanni e PaoloCaelian Hill (Celio)Vatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) House of Livia (Casa di Livia)Oratorio di San Francesco Saverio del CaravitaLa PietàAncient Rome