- Full-day Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp and Berlin shore excursion
- Take a sobering look at the Holocaust at Sachsenhausen, one of the Nazis' first concentration camps
- Learn about life in Berlin during the Third Reich on a guided tour
- See Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate and the former site of Hitler's bunker
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be met on disembarkment. Our driver will be waiting with a sign with your name on it at the dockside.
- Hafenrundfahrt Warnemünde - Rostock, Am Passagierkai, 18119 Rostock, Germany
What To Expect
Depart in the morning from Warnemünde port via a private, air-conditioned minibus, traveling south for approximately two hours to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Site, where you’ll meet your guide. As one of the first concentration camps opened by the Nazis, the center played an important role in the design and execution of the Hitler’s gruesome plans. Learn about the facility’s design, construction and opening in 1936, along with its evolving role as a hosting ground for “antisocial” prisoners and later as Special Camp No. 1/7 during the era of Soviet occupation up until 1950.
Continue by minibus towards Berlin, conversing with your guide during the drive about World War II history and what sights you’d like to visit during your stop in the German capital. On arrival, you’ll get an overview of the Third Reich and an introduction to the history behind the rise of Hitler and the Nazis.
Stop by Berlin attractions like the one-time site of Hitler’s bunker and pay your respects at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Proceed next to Checkpoint Charlie, once a crucial nexus of transit between East and West Berlin during the Cold War. Continue your day by visiting one of the last remaining sections of the famous Berlin Wall at the East Side Gallery and admire the Reichstag, the modern home of the German parliament that sits inside the shell of its 19th-century predecessor.
During your exploration you’ll also have included time to stop for a lunch break (own expense), with suggestions like an authentic German beer hall provided by your guide. Your tour concludes back at Warnemünde port, roughly 2.5 hours fro Berlin, where you’ll reconnect with your ship in the evening.
Please note: this private tour is a customized experience, so be sure to include any specific requests at the time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insider Tour Berlin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Warnemuende Shore Excursion: Private Sachsenhausen Memorial and Berlin Tour.
- "We highly recommend this tour on its own or as a cruise excursion." See review