- Half-day private tour of Hallstatt from Salzburg
- Travel through picturesque villages and admire stunning views of the Dachstein
- Tour Hallstatt, an ancient town known for its salt production and connection to several early cultures
- Take a train up to the world's oldest salt mine and a boat ride on Lake Hallstatt
- See the unique Bone House, a collection of 1,200 painted human skulls
- Private tour ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Private tours: pick up & drop off WITHIN the CITY of Salzburg ONLY,. In case you are staying outside from the city of Salzburg: your private tour starts at the Panorama Bus terminal, Mirabell Platz /Hubert Sattler Gasse 1
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Your excursion will begin with pickup from your Salzburg hotel. Hop aboard your private coach and begin your journey to the UNESCO-listed village of Hallstatt. Along the way, soak up views of the famed Alpine peak of the Dachstein, towering 9,826 feet (2,995 meters) from the ground.
Arrive in Hallstatt, an area dating back to prehistoric times and renowned for its long history of salt production. Here, coordinate your itinerary with your guide and then venture out independently for 30 minutes if you choose. Check out the Mühlbach Waterfall and sail across the lake on a scenic boat ride (own expense). You can also opt to travel up the mountain by train to see the world's oldest salt mine (admission at own expense), taking in views of the town stretched out below. Or stroll along Lake Hallstatt and sightsee from the crisp blue water.
Stop to examine the village’s unique Beinhaus (Bone House), a collection of 1,200 decorated human skulls. Learn how corpses were exhumed and the skulls were painted to preserve the memory of the deceased when the village ran out of burial grounds in the 18th century.
After five hours exploring Austria's scenic Lake District, your private tour will conclude with drop-off back at your Salzburg hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms