- Half-day tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito from San Francisco
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shop and browse in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
/ Gray Line Union Square Departure Location downtown / Check "Before you Go" section for exact departure times if you chose to depart from this location
/ Gray Line Fisherman’s Wharf Departure Location (meet us at 2805 Leavenworth St. in front of the blue canopy) / Check "Before you Go" section for exact departure times if you chose to depart from this location
What To Expect
Choose from a morning or afternoon departure. Stop at a vista point for a fantastic perspective of the Golden Gate and Alcatraz, and wind through the rolling emerald hills of the Marin Headlands to arrive at Muir Woods. Stroll along forest paths surrounded by the giant redwood trees, some of which stretch as high as 250 feet (76 meters) and date back nearly 800 years.
After Muir Woods, take a short drive to the artistic bayside village of Sausalito. Capture wonderful photos of the San Francisco skyline during a stroll along the waterfront, pop into one of the many art galleries and grab a cappuccino or ice cream at a local café (own expense).
Your tour concludes with drop off at either of the two departure points or choose the option of taking the Sausalito ferry back to San Francisco (Pier 41).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We offer options to return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito. Each one has different prices, make sure you purchase the option you want. If you plan to stay longer than 60 minutes in Sausalito, we encourage customers to purchase any of our options that include "Ferry return from Sausalito"
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line San Francisco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Parking at Muir Woods is so limited (and requires a timed permit) that the tour bus is the best way to go." See review
- "Parking at Muir is poor so this one combined with the ferry return is a nice half day ending up at Fisherman’s Wharf." See review
- "Just be prepared that the road to get there is really curvy, so if you get carsick, be sure to take motion sickness tablets before going." See review