- Day trip to Tikal from San Ignacio
- Visit Tikal National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour the ruins of Tikal with a professional and informative guide
- Learn about the Mayans who built one of the largest archaeological sites of the pre-Columbian world
- Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable coach included
Departure & Return
Ground floor of Elviras Building by Ervas Restaurant
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once inside the park, let your imagination run free as you explore highlights among more than 3,000 structures that archaeologists have excavated so far. Learn about daily life and religious practices of the ancient Mayans while wandering through the maze of the Central Acropolis, and envision the excitement of an elite sporting match in the ball courts.
Tikal boasts an array of magnificent ceremonial temples. Climb the steep staircase of the 144-foot (44-meter) Temple of the Grand Jaguar, built to honor a Mayan king. A set of twin pyramids with altars will greet you at complexes Q and R. Marvel at the Temple of the Masks, which was once adorned with intricate ceremonial mask carvings. Perhaps most impressive is the oft-photographed Temple IV, also known as the Double Head Serpent.
After a refreshing lunch break inside the park, satisfy your inner archaeologist during free time when you can explore the ruins independently. Your guide will then take you back to Belize and drop you off at your San Ignacio hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Note: departure tax fee is due on day of travel in cash
- Please note: a minimum of 2 passengers is required in order for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Hotel pick up and drop off included in pricing is for hotels within San Ignacio town limits. For hotels outside of San Ignacio a surcharge applies
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Belize Family Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Tikal Day Trip with Local Lunch from San Ignacio.