8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Climb to the top of Belize’s second-tallest ancient pyramid and canoe to a sacred Mayan cave on this combo tour from San Ignacio. At the Xunantunich archaeological site, take in the views from atop the ‘El Castillo’ temple and see the ruins of royal palaces. A drive through modern Mayan villages takes you the entrance of Barton Creek Cave, once a sacred site for burials and ceremonies. The cave is only accessible by canoe, but it's a gentle ride, making this a great option for all ages and fitness levels.
- Learn about the ancient Mayan civilization at the Xunantunich ruins
- Check out the amazing rain forest views from atop the El Castillo temple
- Glide in a canoe through the glittering caverns of Barton Creek Cave
- Full-day tour includes lunch and a scenic drive through traditional Mayan villages
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Departure & Return
San Ignacio, Belize
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 (two) people per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or the option to do a different tour (surcharges may apply)
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cayo Inland Expeditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich Maya Pyramid and Barton Creek Cave canoeing combo?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich Maya Pyramid and Barton Creek Cave canoeing combo?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich Maya Pyramid and Barton Creek Cave canoeing combo?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich Maya Pyramid and Barton Creek Cave canoeing combo?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
KayakingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesSan IgnacioKayaking - FloresKayaking - HopkinsKayaking - Belize CityCategory