7 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you’re short on time in Central Costa Rica and want to see a lot in a day, this small-group tour is for you. From the capital you’ll visit a number of impressive natural and cultural sites. See two of Costa Rica’s most impressive volcanoes - Irazu and Turrialba - and visit the communities that live in their shadows. See how coffee is grown and harvested, and perhaps even sample a fresh brew.
- Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Enjoy the cooler climate of the elevated central regions
- Tour inclusions will be tailored to the weather and your interests
- Experience a mix of natural, cultural, and culinary attractions
Saved to wishlist!
Binoculars and fieldguides
Irazú National Park Entrance Fee (adults $17; kids $6)
Guayabo National Park Entrance Fee (adults 6$; kids 6$)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotel or location in San José City or surroundings. Santa Ana, Heredia and Alajuela can be also arranged with enough time ahead.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Mostly Sightseeing tour, but we can walk on some several stops
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Oropopo Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Between Volcanoes: Irazú, Turrialba, Guayabo Archaeological Site and Basilica?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Between Volcanoes: Irazú, Turrialba, Guayabo Archaeological Site and Basilica
7 to 9 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingSan Jose4WD Tours - Central ValleySporting Events - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyExtreme - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central Valley4WD Tours - QueposSporting Events - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposExtreme - QueposFull-day Tours - Quepos4WD Tours - JacoSporting Events - JacoNature and Wildlife - JacoExtreme - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
Plaza de la Cultura Tours & TicketsMorazan Park Tours & TicketsNational Theater (Teatro Nacional) Tours & TicketsYellow House (Casa Amarilla) Tours & TicketsRescate Animal Zooave Tours & TicketsSarapiqui Canopy Tours & TicketsGold Museum Tours & TicketsTuru Ba Ri Tropical Park Tours & TicketsMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico) Tours & TicketsCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense) Tours & TicketsChirripó National Park Tours & TicketsJade Museum (Museo del Jade) Tours & TicketsSarchi Tours & TicketsChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos) Tours & TicketsOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi) Tours & TicketsLa Sabana Park Tours & Tickets