- Stargazing tour in the Atacama Desert
- Capture unparalleled views of stars, nebulae and the moon with the aid of 10 high-powered telescopes
- Learn from an astronomer about constellations and how to read the sky without a telescope
- Transport between the astronomy agency downtown and the desert included, or upgrade for convenient hotel pickup
Departure & Return
Departure PointSan Pedro de Atacama, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region
Traveler pickup is offered
the Transfer will pick passengers up from their staying Hotels
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Listen as your knowledgeable astronomer guide explains constellations of the cosmos, teaching you how to read the intriguing code of the night sky. Follow the direction of a green laser as your guide escorts your attention to stars and planets.
Become acquainted with the 10 on-site telescopes then maneuver each one to capture the mind-blowing magnificence of the night sky; spot explosive nebulae in vivid colors; zoom into the rugged craters of the moon’s surface; and marvel at the scattered formations of other galaxies. Re-adjust your telescopes under the guidance of your expert astronomer, who will also answer any questions you have.
Conclude your evening with a steaming cup of hot chocolate then relax during the journey to San Pedro de Atacama.
Please note: this tour does not operate on full-moon nights.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- It is recommended that you bring a warm jacket, mittens/gloves, a scarf and a hat
- Note: This tour does not operate during full-moon nights
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turavion
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Atacama Desert Stargazing Tour.