6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience the gorgeous natural scenery of El Cerro Verde National Park and the ancient Mayan village of Joya de Cerén on this 8-hour day trip. Journey to this postcard-worthy national park, nestled among three active volcanoes, for a nature hike and great views of Coatepeque Lake. Before returning to San Salvador, stop by the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Joya de Cerén, a one-time Mayan village preserved by a volcanic eruption. Your trip includes a guide, site entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport.
- Explore Cerro Verde National Park and the Mayan village of Joya de Cerén
- Take a nature hike and admire Lake Coatepeque during a stop at Cerro Verde National Park
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mayan village of Joya de Cerén, often called the 'Pompeii of the Americas'
- Learn about daily life for the ancient Mayans
- Great mix of history and nature
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food, drink and meals
Departure & Return
avenida sur, Centro Comercial Balam Quitze, local 1-A 89, San Salvador CP 1101, El Salvador
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour can be cancelled due to heavy rain or fog during August, September, October
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Most travelers can participate
- Proof of fully vaccinated will be requiered at main gate of national parks
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Inter Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cerro verde national park and town of Izalco?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Cerro verde national park and town of Izalco?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Cerro verde national park and town of Izalco?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan SalvadorNature and Wildlife - Puerto QuetzalWalking Tours - Puerto QuetzalHalf-day Tours - Puerto QuetzalNature and Wildlife - Guatemala CityWalking Tours - Guatemala CityHalf-day Tours - Guatemala CityNature and Wildlife - AntiguaWalking Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaCategory
National Theatre of El Salvador (Teatro Nacional de San Salvador) Tours & TicketsLa Laguna Botanical Garden Tours & TicketsMonument to the Divine Savior of the World (Monumento al Divino Salvador del Mundo) Tours & TicketsNational Palace Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Revolution (Museo de la Revolución Salvadorena) Tours & TicketsGuajoyo River Tours & TicketsMetropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana) Tours & TicketsEl Zapote Barracks Military Museum Tours & TicketsLake Ilopango Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropología Dr. David J. Guzmán) Tours & TicketsDevil's Door (Puerta del Diablo) Tours & TicketsMonsenor Romero Center (Centro Monsenor Romero) Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Word and Image (Museo de la Palabra y la Imagen) Tours & TicketsEl Mozote Monument Tours & Tickets