- Explore Ephesus, the best-preserved classical city in the eastern Mediterranean
- Marvel at highlights such as the Library of Celsus, Great Theatre and Roman baths
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide on this shore excursion
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Here, hop out in Ephesus and begin a walking tour with your guide. Observe Greco-Roman architecture as you enter through Magnesia Gate. Then, listen to your guide tell your about the history of this prominent 2nd century BC Roman Capital in Asia Minor.
Continue along marble covered roads and leisurely pass Roman baths and forgotten shops. Reach Odeon, Temple of Hadrian and Fountain of Trajan and snap great photos. Then, head to the famous Library of Celsus and visit the Great Theatre which once held 25,000 spectators. Hear how St. Paul once preached sermons to thousands of people or assembled here.
Next, explore one of the Seven Wonder of the Ancient World, the Temple of Artemis which is signified by its restored column. Admire this remarkable temple from 550 BC which was reconstructed on three separate occasions before it was destroyed in 401 AD.
Afterward, take a short drive up to the charming hillside town that sits atop Ephesus - Şirince. With your guide, learn about traditional Turkish life as you walk through this once Greek settlement. See delightful cobbled streets lined with craft shops and food stalls. Stop to taste some delicious fruit wine at a winery, a local specialty.
Finally, hop back into your minivan and return to the cruise port where your tour finishes.
Special note: On the day of your tour, the order of each activity visited above may be modified.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:Don’t worry, this tour guarantees you will get back to Kusadasi cruise port! In the unlikely event that your ship has disembarked, we will organize transportation to the next port-of call. Plus, you can book worry free. If by chance your ship is delayed to arrive and you cannot attend the tour, we will refund your money. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Fez Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized