14 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Watch sunrise from the top of Mount Sinai on a hiking trip from Sharm el Sheikh to one of Egypt’s highest mountains. You’ll climb the 7,497-foot (2,285-mt.) peak in the predawn darkness, see first light illuminate the mountaintop chapel and mosque, then descend to the 6th-century Monastery of St. Catherine, built where Moses is believed to have seen the Burning Bush. With round-trip transport from Sharm el Sheikh, this is a great way to experience Mount Sinai and St. Catherine even if you have limited time in Egypt.
- Hike to the summit of Mount Sinai
- Leave in the dark to catch sunrise at the mountain
- Option to ride a camel most of the way (own expense)
- Visit the oldest continually-operating monastery in the world
- See centuries-old Christian art and relics
- Pickup and drop-off at hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
Saved to wishlist!
St. Catherine National Park fees
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Local guide during your climbing the mount
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Transport by vehicle
Food and Drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your hotel in Sharm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Egypt Tours Club
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Tour from Sharm El Sheikh?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSharm el Sheikh4WD Tours - Red SeaSporting Events - Red SeaBus Tours - Red SeaExtreme - Red SeaFull-day Tours - Red Sea4WD Tours - DahabSporting Events - DahabBus Tours - DahabExtreme - DahabFull-day Tours - Dahab4WD Tours - Saint CatherineSporting Events - Saint CatherineBus Tours - Saint CatherineExtreme - Saint CatherineFull-day Tours - Saint CatherineCategory