- Full-day tour of Myra, Demre, and Kekova Island from Side
- Discover the history of St Nicolas in Myra and Demre
- Tuck into a traditional Turkish lunch at a local restaurant
- Marvel at the sunken ruins of Kekova on a boat cruise
- Cool off with a swim in the Mediterranean Sea
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, lunch, and entrance fees
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The first stop of the day is the Lycian site of Myra, renowned for its ancient tombs and theater. As you explore the ruins, listen as your guide tells you the history of the ancient city and its most famous former resident — St. Nicholas, or Santa Claus. Hear how St. Nicholas was the bishop of Myra in the IV century and his role in bringing Christianity to Turkey, then visit the modern town of Demre, where the church houses the sarcophagus of St Nicholas.
After enjoying lunch at a local restaurant, continue to Ucagiz port (around 30 minutes drive), where a boat will be waiting for you. Set sail across the Mediterranean and take in the views as you cruise out to Kekova Island.
Arrive at the sunken ruins of Kekova, an island that was long ago buried by an earthquake and now lies beneath the sea. Gaze down through the glass-bottomed boat at the remains of the ancient city as your guide points out the fortress, theater, and sarcophaguses lying on the ocean floor.
Enjoy a short stop to swim or sunbathe, before heading back to shore, where your driver will be waiting for you.
Back in Side, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Metin Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff