Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group wine-tasting tour from Siena
- Explore Brunello di Montalcino wine cellars and learn about the wine-making process from your expert guide
- Visit three wineries and enjoy a Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting at each one
- Enjoy a walk through Tuscany’s lovely town of Montalcino and the mystical abbey of Sant'Antimo
- Savor a delicious Tuscan lunch at a family-run winery
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a unique and intimate experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide under the large tree next to the red brick church.
What To Expect
Travel into the Tuscan hills and stop first at a small winery for a walk among the vineyards. Swirl and sip the famous Brunello di Montalcino, and check out the cellars with your guide.
Next, arrive in the town of Montalcino, the region’s namesake. Soak up some free time to roam the area independently, enjoying the views of the valley below, perusing the shops or tasting more of the celebrated Brunello wines.
Afterward, journey to a family-run winery, where you’ll meet the winemakers. Delve into some of the region’s culinary favorites with a lunch of antipasti, pasta or risotto and dessert, complemented by delicious local wines.
Appetites sated, continue to the ancient Benedictine abbey of Sant'Antimo. Learn about the stunning structure’s history as you follow your guide inside. On occasion, visitors will hear the monks singing Gregorian chants while taking in the scenery.
Top off your trip with a visit to a third winery for a fascinating lesson on production, the aging process and more. Take a seat for a final tasting before returning to Siena.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 16 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tuscan Escapes by Papilio SRL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "It is a full day so don't plan on doing much else on that day." See review
- "There are a few tours leave from the same spot in the morning but you venture off onto your own tours." See review
- "We also had 30 minutes to explore Montalcino on foot, which is something that other tours don't offer." See review