- Svínafellsjökull Glacier hike and ice climb
- Explore the Svínafellsjökull Glacier and climb the ice walls
- Enjoy an experience that’s suitable for beginners and experts alike
- Numbers are limited to 6 per group for personalized attention
Departure & Return
We will see you at our meeting point 30 minutes before departure time. Please note that if you arrive after departure time your place on the tour can't be guaranteed or refunded. Since May 1st, 2019 the meeting point is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center by the main road. You can look up "Skaftafell Terminal" on Google Maps to find the exact location and driving directions. Driving time to Skaftafell from Reykjavík is around 4 hours and 30 minutes. If you arrive early, you can visit Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center which offers free parking and has restrooms.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Before you step onto the ice to begin your glacier expedition, your guide provides all necessary equipment and offers important ice climbing guidance and instructions.
Explore the ice formations and moulins and listen to your guide as they explain how they were formed and are constantly changing. Get ready to pump some adrenaline as you climb up the ice walls with ice axes and crampons; worry free and in the safe hands of an experienced guide at all times.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Troll Expeditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Skaftafell Ice Climbing & Glacier Hike.