2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Forget planning routes, researching sites, and boning up on history. See all Sofia’s key attractions and learn the stories behind them too on this great-value small-group walking tour: perfect for history buffs. Sights include the ruins of the Roman-era east gate, the 4th-century Rotunda of St. George, the Byzantine St. Sofia Basilica, the Ivan Vazov National Theater, and the Cathedral Saint Alexander Nevsky.
- Discover Sofia’s Roman, early Christian, Ottoman, and Soviet history
- Explore Roman ruins and Byzantine churches, and admire landmark buildings
- Enter the Rotunda, St. Sofia Church, and Cathedral St. Alexander Nevsky
- Enjoy personal attention in a party of maximum 10—or even just your group
Saved to wishlist!
Private/ Small-group tour (10 people max)
Walking sightseeing tour in the heart of the city
Professional live guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointCathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Return Detailsbulevard "Vitosha", bul. "Vitosha", Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Tour Ltd.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Private Guided Walking Tour of Sofia ?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Guided Walking Tour of Sofia ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all 9
See all 9
- "Excellent guide, informative , if you only have a short time to tour this hits all the top spots." See review
Product code: 42558P6
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingSofiaCity Tours - SkopjeWalking Tours - SkopjeHistorical Tours - SkopjeCity Tours - PristinaWalking Tours - PristinaHistorical Tours - PristinaCity Tours - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Borovets Sofia SynagogueMonument to the Soviet ArmyTsari Mali GradTsarska BistritsaMuseum of Socialist ArtVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Sofia National GallerySt. Sofia ChurchSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Sofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumAmphitheater of SerdicaAlexander Nevsky CathedralCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Ivan Vazov National TheatreBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)