4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Get a taste of true English country cooking and hospitality with a lesson at the private Sussex home of a former restaurateur. Help prepare a starter, main dish, and dessert using fresh, seasonal ingredients and recipes handed down from the chef’s mother. When the cookings done, sit down with your host to enjoy the homemade feast and get personal insight into rural English culture.
- Cooking lesson and meal at a Sussex farmhouse
- Make three delicious family recipes with a passionate local cook
- Half-day experience also includes a brief driving tour of the countryside
- Personalized way to experience English country living
Saved to wishlist!
Hot smoked salmon with creamed horseradish
Local beef fillet with dauphinoise potatoes
Side of vegetable ratatouille or seasonal vegetables
Raspberry tart with cream or an apple crumble with custard
Private cooking class with your host Kit
Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Enjoy a Gourmet Cooking Class with a Local in the English Countryside of Sussex?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Enjoy a Gourmet Cooking Class with a Local in the English Countryside of Sussex?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Enjoy a Gourmet Cooking Class with a Local in the English Countryside of Sussex?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Enjoy a Gourmet Cooking Class with a Local in the English Countryside of Sussex?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 7626P342
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeSouth East EnglandCooking Classes - OxfordCooking Classes - HorleyCooking Classes - SouthamptonCategory