5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Dig up some Viking history during this half-day history tour from Stockholm. In the company of a historian guide, learn about the Vendel Swedes, the predecessors to the Vikings, and their impact on Scandinavian history. Visit the Vada burial mounds, Jarlabanke's bridge, and Vallentuna Church. View some ancient rune stones and hear the folklore of the Vikings, including the great Viking woman Estrid and the all-powerful lord Jarlabanke.
- Take a half-day Viking history from Stockholm
- Visit ancient graves, rune stones, Viking parliament, and more
- Explore Sweden's oldest city, Sigtuna, founded in AD 970
- A small group of 16 or fewer ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Small group tour (max of 16 people)
hotel pick up and drop off (if your hotel is within 3km of Stockholm central station)
A great time away from the city
All taxes and surcharges
Cruise harbour pick up (not nynäshamn harbour but in Frihamnen, Värtahamnen and Stadsgården)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer hotel pick up at all central hotels, ports and other accommodations within 5km from Stockholm central station. If you're in old town where it is not possible to get in by car we may ask you to walk a few minutes to another location where we pick you up. If you are outside the pick up zone we will give you directions to a meeting place. If you are unsure if you're in or out please email us..
Pick up normally starts at 09.00 or 09.30. For the shorter tours 3-5h 09.30 is the normal pick up time. For the longer tours, 8h:s, 09.00 is our usual pick up time for the first guests. We will be in touch two days in advance of a public tour with your final starting time, if you want to know in beforehand or want that we arrange a fixed time for you please contact us by email.
In wintertime we may due to the low light time ask if it is possible for you to do a earlier starting time (if not we do the set time of the tour) but than we contact well in advance of your date.
If your tour departs from the cruise pier:
If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm.
If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.
- NO PICK UP AT Nynäshamn Harbour (meeting directions in Stockholm inner city given)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, advise with us before the tour if a child needs a booster seat or child seat.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Hotel pick up time will be advised 1-2 days before the tour.
- Cruise pick up times will be advised within 24 hours from booking.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. The minimum number is 3 persons. We hold the right to cancel a tour if the number is below 3 persons for all tour reservations combined.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sweden History Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Viking History Small Group Tour from Stockholm: Half Day Including Sigtuna?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Viking History Small Group Tour from Stockholm: Half Day Including Sigtuna?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Certainly a must for all of those who know little about Vikings and their impressive history and accomplishments." See review
- "The tour is a bit overpriced however but maybe that's also due to the Stockholm area." See review
- "Not knowing much at all about Viking history I found the tour fascinating and very worthwhile to see all of it up close." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Viking History Small Group Tour from Stockholm: Half Day Including Sigtuna
5 to 6 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursArchaeology ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingStockholmShore Excursions - TallinnBus Tours - TallinnArchaeology Tours - TallinnPorts of Call Tours - TallinnHistorical Tours - TallinnHalf-day Tours - TallinnShore Excursions - HelsinkiBus Tours - HelsinkiArchaeology Tours - HelsinkiPorts of Call Tours - HelsinkiHistorical Tours - HelsinkiHalf-day Tours - HelsinkiShore Excursions - OsloBus Tours - OsloArchaeology Tours - OsloPorts of Call Tours - OsloHistorical Tours - OsloHalf-day Tours - OsloCategory
SkeppsholmenDrottningholm Palace (Drottningholms Slott)Stockholm National MuseumStockholm Parliament House (Riksdagshuset)Waldemarsudde MuseumSodermalmStockholm Concert Hall (Konserthuset)Vasa Museum (Vasamuseet)Kungsträdgarden (Kungsan)Nordic Museum (Nordiska Museet)Museum of Medieval Stockholm (Medeltidsmuseet)Junibacken Children’s MuseumABBA The MuseumMillesgardenStockholm Cruise PortsRiddarholm Church (Riddarholmskyrkan)Skansen MuseumStockholm City Hall (Stadshuset)Royal Swedish Opera (Kungliga Operan)Nobel Prize Museum