Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit food markets, stalls and eateries to sample tasty Swedish delicacies and learn about the national cuisine
- Explore Östermalms Saluhall, Stockholm’s oldest food hall
- Sample cured elk, smoked reindeer, delicious seafood specialities and more
- Sip on ultra-rich hot chocolate at Chokladfabriken, a much-loved chocolate café
- Enjoy a fika with a cinnamon roll and coffee in Gamla Stan (Old Town)
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
You will meet your guide at the main entrance of Östermalms Saluhall (the entrance facing Nybrogatan). Address: Östermalm torg 11 post code: 114 2 Stockholm
The tour ends at Kindstuegatan 1.
What To Expect
Munch on some modern Swedish meatballs, slightly changed and much healthier than their traditional counterpart, but just as tasty. Then continue your tour with a stroll through Stureplan, an area that most tourists skip. At Kungsgatan, check out K25, an urban food court packed with Stockholm's hip young residents. Try some of the local seafood and sip a glass of white wine while you do some interesting people-watching.
Take the chill off with a visit to Chokoladfabriken for their legendary hot chocolate, made with 65% cocoa and cardamom. Then pause at Hõtorgshallen to peruse the market stalls filled with Swedish delicacies and fresh produce. At the P&B Delikatesser, taste a dizzying array of homemade products like truffles, traditional Swedish licorice and cloudberry jam.
Hit up Husmans Deli for some artisan cheese, then visit Fagel & Vilt for cured meats like smoked reindeer and elk salami. Wash it down with some Norrlands Guld beer and chase it with some fresh fruit from Lisbeth Janson Frukt & Grunt.
Walk the cobblestone streets of Gamla Stan, Stockholm's Old Town, and pause at a candy store before heading to your last tasting: a traditional Swedish fika. The nation's favorite mid-afternoon or evening break consists of a kanelbullar and a strong coffee.
With a full stomach and lots of ideas about where you'll want to eat on the rest of your Swedish holiday, you'll bid farewell to your guide after this 4-hour tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please let us know while booking if you are a vegetarian of have food allergies. Once the tour has begun we cannot change the tastings.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Food Tours EU
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews