- Visit the enchanting villages of Eguisheim and Riquewihr
- Trace the famous Alsace Wine Route through vine-covered hills
- Explore Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg, high on a hilltop above the Vosges and Alsace plain
- Enjoy a more personalized experience on this small-group tour, limited to eight people
Departure & Return
Departure time: 9:00am. Please meet your guide 10 minutes before departure time, in front of the Strasbourg Tourism Office.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The first stop is the village of Colmar, where you’ll go on a walking tour with your guide. The town’s cobblestoned streets are lined with characteristic German-style half-timbered buildings, and you’ll even see some canals. See Colmar’s main sights, including Saint Martin’s Church and the 16th-century Pfister House, and wander historic neighborhoods like Little Venice.
Your next stop is the picturesque town of Eguisheim, known for its Medieval buildings decorated with flowers, and then it’s on to Riquewihr. The charming town sits inside Medieval walls, and is a warren of meandering alleys and chocolate-box houses. Enjoy some time to explore the pretty town at your leisure, including time to have lunch (own expense).
Continuing on your Alsace tour, the next point of interest is the 105-mile (170 km) Alsace Wine Route (Route des Vins d’Alsace). This scenic road curves gently through rolling hills and past acres of vineyards at the foot of the Vosges Mountains. Continue toward your final stop — Haut Koenigsbourg Castle (Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg).
The castle dates from the 12th century, and you’ll have a chance to explore the inside — including where people once lived inside it — and find out how this powerful fortress used to control the salt, wheat and wine routes from northern and eastern Europe. Admire the excellent views from the castle’s hilltop vantage point before climbing back into the minivan for the drive back to Strasbourg at the starting point of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- A minimum of 2 adults per tour is required to operate
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed on the tour
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that the infant seats are available upon request, please inform us at the moment of the booking (number and age of the children)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY OPHORUS Excursions Tours in France
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Wear comfortable shoes for walking on cobble stones and climbing castle stairs." See review
- "You may need to ask the details directly to the local tour company." See review
- "The place is very beautiful but if you dont take these kind of tours its difficult you could see everything in one day!" See review