- 9-hour private tour of Mount Nebo and Madaba from the Dead Sea
- See the spot where Moses died on Mt. Nebo and the place where John the Baptist was executed on Mukawir
- Learn about the history of the Holy Land while seeing legendary landmarks and sites
- Private tour means lots of attention from the guide
- Guided tour of Madaba Saint George’s Church and Mount Nebo
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel in Dead Sea
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you arrive, visit the most popular mosaic, a map of Jordan and the Holy Land from the 6th century, which is housed in the Saint George Orthodox Church. Your guide will point out some of the points of interest where stories from the Bible took place.
Make the climb up Mount Nebo, where the Prophet Moses is said to have died. From the top of the mountain, you'll have impressive views over the Jordan Valley and the Holy Land. You can also visit the church at the mountaintop to see more mosaics.
Continue to the hilltop palace of Mukawir (Machaerus), where John the Baptist was said to have been imprisoned and executed. Learn the role of this hilltop palace in other Biblical characters' lives: Princess Salome, Princess Herodias, Tetrach Herod Antipas, and Herod the Great.
Your private tour ensures personalized attention from your guide and a flexible itinerary. At the end of your 8-hour day, you'll get dropped off at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Christian Tour of Madaba, Mount Nebo, and Mukawer Day Trip from Dead Sea.