- Sydney Harbour cruise and entrance ticket to Taronga Zoo
- Hear informative commentary on board the cruise
- View Sydney landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge from the cruise and the zoo
- Ride the Sky Safari Gondola across the Asian Rainforest and Amazon exhibits
- Enjoy keeper talks and animal feedings that are scheduled daily
- Have time to explore Taronga Zoo at your own pace
Departure & Return
Please check in for your return ferry and Zoo Entry tickets from the ticket office located at the wharf at least 20 minutes prior to departure. Ticket office is open from 9:00am and first cruise departure from Circular Quay Wharf 6 at 9:30am.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With your Taronga Zoo admission ticket and cruise, you can take the Sky Safari gondola from the waterfront up the hill to the main entrance of the zoo. Peek out of the windows of the fully-enclosed gondola cabin for an aerial perspective on some of the zoo's residents.
Once inside the zoo, enjoy the many exhibits at your own pace. More than 2,900 animals live here in 10 themed areas—including Wild Australia, Wild Asia, and the Great Southern Oceans. The enclosures mimic the natural habitat of each creature. Check the daily schedule for keeper talks, which focus on animals such as Tasmanian devils, little penguins, giraffes, lemurs, and koalas. You may want to watch the seals in action at Seal Theatre or catch the free-flight bird show, where birds of prey demonstrate their hunting skills.
Enjoy sweeping views of iconic sights such as Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House both from your boat cruise and the Taronga Zoo, aka 'the zoo with the view.'
Taronga Zoo also has many picnic areas; feel free to bring a picnic basket and enjoy lunch with views of Sydney Harbour, or purchase food at one of the on-site cafes or restaurants. When you have finished your zoo visit, simply return to the dock to catch the cruise back to Circular Quay.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Special timetables operate on public holidays and special event dates
- Timetables are subject to change without notice
- Taronga Zoo is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm daily
- To ensure you have enough time to visit the many exhibits in Taronga Zoo, it is recommended that you board the first departing ferry of the day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travel must begin with Captain Cook Cruises ferry from Circular Quay Wharf No.6
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Captain Cook Cruises
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sydney Harbour Ferry with Taronga Zoo Entry Ticket.