- Must-do one-hour walking tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at one of the world's most famous performing arts centers
- Enjoy an interactive audio-visual presentation
- Choose your time – tours depart every half-hour from 9am to 5pm
- Listen to illuminating commentary from your expert guide
- This popular shore excursion regularly sells out, so don’t miss it!
- Enjoy a Picnic Style Tasting Plate at Opera Kitchen
Departure & Return
Please meet your tour guide at the Welcome Centre Located on the Lower Ground Level of the Sydney Opera House - Please arrive approx 10 min prior to your scheduled departure time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you stroll at a leisurely pace around the famous opera house complex, your guide shares the controversies that erupted during the construction process, which began in 1958. The venue opened formally in 1973, with Queen Elizabeth II in attendance.
Hear fascinating stories you explore one of the concert halls and access parts of the complex that are not regularly open to the public. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a rehearsal in progress or get the chance to walk onstage.
Book early to ensure a spot on this popular tour while your cruise ship is in port.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Traveler pickup is not offered as the port is within a short stroll to the Sydney Opera House
- There are approximately 200 stairs on this tour - Low Impact. It is not recommended for those with limited mobility who are unable to manage stairs an access tour is available by contacting the supplier directly
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Guided tours depart at certain times Thursday - Monday
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Tours do not operate on Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day before 1:00pm
- Tour & Dine Option: Booking Time refers to tour time, please check in at the Welcome Centre 10 minutes prior to your tour. You will receive a ticket to redeem your main meal and beverage at Opera Kitchen after your tour.
- Tour & Dine Option: Main meal + beverage can be redeemed anytime between 11am - close at Opera Kitchen on the day of your tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Beyond the Stage tour - minimum 10 years old
- Tour & Dine Option: Children ages 5-15 years will have a childrens menu to select from
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sydney Opera House
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney Opera House Walking Tour.
- "Just taking pics of the exterior is just not enough." See review