Are you interested in?
- In-depth guided tour by a zoo guide and behind-the-scenes access
- Round-trip Sky Safari cable car
- Come face-to-face with kangaroos and wallabies
- Meet hand-raised animals native animals
- All-day access pass to explore Taronga Zoo before or after your tour
- Small-group tour maximum six people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTaronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman, New South Wales 2088 Australia
Ticket Redemption Point
What To Expect
A zoo guide meets you at the designated time to start your Australian Animals tour. Walking around the grounds with a zoo guide, learn first-hand about the animals and zoo operations. Find out detailed information about the kangaroo, wallaby, echidna, koala, Australian birds and more during your tour, which also explores a replica of a sandstone gorge that is typical of those found in the Blue Mountains. Remember to bring your camera for great photo ops with the critters.
Get the VIP treatment as you visit off-limits areas of the zoo and enjoy face-to-fur interactions with the animals. Since your small-group numbers have a maximum of eight participants, enjoy an intimate and personalized experience with a knowledgeable zoo guide showing you around the zoo and its inner core. It's the perfect tour for animal lovers!
After your guided tour, enjoy the rest of the day to explore the zoo at your leisure. If you have worked up an appetite, there are several restaurant and cafe options available, with sit-down or casual dining choices that you can choose. Taronga Zoo also has many picnic areas. You are welcome to bring your own picnic to enjoy while soaking in spectacular views that overlook Sydney Harbour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Information sheets are available from Taronga Zoo Information Centre in Japanese, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean, French, Vietnamese and Spanish
- Maximum 6 people per tour
- The VIP tour operates two times a day. Please see pricing for tour departure times.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taronga Zoo
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sydney Taronga Zoo's Australian Animals Tour.