- Guided tour of the northeast coast of Taiwan
- Visit the quaint little village of Chiufen (Jiufen), once a gold mining center and now filled with unique teahouses
- Amazing coastal rock formations of Nanya
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Taipei City included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
What To Expect
Your guide passes by Chinkuashin Village and visits the emerald-colored Bitou Cape, where you can view sea-eroded landforms on the cape's hanging cliffs.
Continue your half-day tour to the Nanya coastline along a coral shore filled with whimsical rock formations formed by weathering sandstone. Your guide explains how the striped pattern in the rock is created by oxidized iron ore. Then enjoy more postcard views at the Yin-Yang Sea (Bay of Two Colors).
On arrival at the former gold mining village of Jiufen, be enchanted by a picturesque setting of old homes clinging to steep mountainsides. Meander past the cozy teahouses of Jiufen Old Street, a narrow, cobbled street that offers a glimpses into the past. You’ll appreciate the atmosphere that inspired the sets featured in the Oscar-winning animation Spirited Away.
Your tour ends with return transport to your Taipei hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Edison Travel Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Jiufen Village (Chiufen) and Northeast Coast Half-Day Tour from Taipei.