- Day trip from Taipei to Jinguashi, Jiufen, and Pingxi
- Includes round-trip hotel transport by luxury vehicle
- Make your very own sky lanterns to send your wishes to the heavens, an experience not to be missed
- Explore a former gold mine with a local guide
- Explore the town of Jiufen, walk through narrow streets, and enjoy the amazing coastal views
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
We pick up at MRT「Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station」Exit. 4（Love Sign )
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival in historical Jiufen, stroll the narrow, cobbled streets and learn about the town's inspiration for films such as the Oscar-winning animation 'Spirited Away.' Bring your own lunch or purchase a meal at a local eatery, followed by a relaxing stop at a teahouse (own expense).
In Pingxi District, follow your guide on foot down Shifen Old Street, lined with shops selling miniature sky lanterns. Whether or not you arrive for the Sky Lantern Festival, when up to 200,000 luminous lanterns are released into the sky, you’ll have the opportunity to make your own rice paper lantern and write wishes on it (one lantern per 4 participants), light a candle at its base and watch it take flight.
After the decline of the mining industry, the area these three towns are located in was revived as a popular tourist attraction and a center of history and culture. Just a stone’s throw away from bustling Taipei, this tour will allow you to bask in the old-town atmosphere, take in beautiful scenery, and learn a thing or two about the area’s cultural heritage and you’ll transfer to your vehicle for the return drive to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Visiting Jiufen's old street includes walking up and down several flights of stairs. Please take this into consideration before booking this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For "Hotel pick-up included option"(Departs on everyday): a minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- For "No hotel pick-up option"(Departs on Friday to Monday): a minimum of 6 passengers is required to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- There will be a 100% charge for no-shows that is defined as arriving 15 minutes late.
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY My Taiwan Tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Pingxi and Jiufen Day Trip from Taipei with Sky Lantern Experience.