2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
There’s a good reason why Tamarindo is known as a top surf destination for beginners. In just one lesson, you can pop up on your board and ride a wave when you take a private or group lesson. Or, even upgrade to a 3-day mini-surf camp—the choice is yours when you book. No matter what you choose, hang easy knowing that all equipment and a qualified instructor are included with all packages.
- Beginner surf lesson in Tamarindo
- Learn surfing basics like popping up and paddling
- Choose a private, group, or surf camp option
- All equipment with board and rash guard included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Certified Surf Instructor
Pick up and Drop off from Tamarindo and Langosta Beach Condos, Houses, and Hotels
Hotel pickup and drop-off - we pick up from the following areas for a surcharge
JW Marriott, Playa Grande, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo ($60 extra)
Hotel RIU Guanacaste, RIU Palace, Playa Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Mangroove ($100 extra)
Departure & Return
50 meters west of Banco Nacional, Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled surf lesson time
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private
Explore Similar Things to Do
Sports Lessons SurfingSurfing Lessons Water SportsClasses & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesPlaya HermosaPlaya FlamingoGuanacaste and NorthwestTamarindoSports Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestSurfing - Guanacaste and NorthwestSurfing Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestSports Lessons - Playa FlamingoSurfing - Playa FlamingoSurfing Lessons - Playa FlamingoSports Lessons - Santa CruzSurfing - Santa CruzSurfing Lessons - Santa CruzCategory