- Taormina cooking class including market visit and wine tasting
- Visit Taormina open market and help select fresh produce to cook with
- Learn about Sicilian food and regional sauces like pesto di pistacchi from a local chef
- Prepare three courses featuring meat, fish, pasta and local vegetables
- Savor your creations at the end of the class along with samples of local red and white wine
Departure & Return
Meeting point is Porta Messina Arch. The host will ask for the ticket.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then walk to nearby restaurant to begin the next phase of the day: cooking. Strap on an apron and get ready to create a delicious meal. Learn about the unique landscape and soil of Sicily that breeds excellent vegetables; that the volcanic soil is the ideal fertile dirt in which to grow veggies. And learn how the waters around Sicily produces some of the most delicious seafood in the Mediterranean.
Chop vegetables. Make pasta. And sear meat and fish. While the menu changes regularly based on what's in season, expect dishes like Parmigiana di melanzane (baked eggplant, layered with tomato and Parmesan) or pasta al pesto di pistacchi – pasta with a pesto sauce made from pistachio nuts.
When the cooking is complete, pull up a seat to a table in the restaurant to devour your delicious meal. Wash it down with some locally made wine. The cooking and eating experience finishes after you've eaten and sampled some local wine. Before heading out of the restaurant, receive a certificate that you completed the course.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY SAT Group
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience