- Full day trip from Tel Aviv to the City of David, Jerusalem
- Enjoy panoramic views from the Mount of Olives
- See the Tomb of King David and the Hall of the Last Supper
- Explore the Jewish quarter and visit the Zion Gate, Sephardic Synagogues and Herodian Mansions
- Witness ongoing excavations at the City of David
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On route, hear about Jerusalem’s turbulent history and how the city is considered holy by the followers of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths.
On arrival, stop at the Mount of Olives and soak in the stunning panoramas from the slopes over the Old City. Pick out the main landmarks with pointers from your guide, including the Temple Mount Esplanade, where heaven is said to meet earth. Travel along the Kidron Valley and pass the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus is believed to have prayed before his crucifixion.
Continue to nearby Mount Zion to visit the Tomb of King David – Israel’s famous and revered second king immortalized in the bible’s story of the battle between David and Goliath. View the sarcophagus, and visit the Hall of the Last Supper built on the site where Jesus is traditionally held to have eaten his last meal with his disciples.
Next, enter the Zion Gate into Old Jerusalem and after a visit to the 16th-century Sephardic synagogues, discover how Jerusalem’s elites lived over 2,000 years ago at the Herodian Mansions. The excavations here have revealed the marble walls and mosaics of the luxurious homes that were built on terraces here to give them views of the temple.
Lastly, head south of the Old City to the site of the original City of David, captured by King David over 3,000 years ago. Here, explore some of the most exciting over-ground and underground archaeological treasures of this aeons-old settlement, the first foundations of present-day Jerusalem.
Having explored the ruins, relax on your ride back to Tel Avvi, where your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- In case the visit to the Spanish synagogues is not possible, we will visit the Hurva Synagogue instead
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms