- Explore the UNESCO-listed ancient fortress ruins on the mountaintop
- Stroll around the waterfalls, caves, and pools of stunning Ein Gedi
- Enjoy the salt-rich waters and therapeutic mud of the Dead Sea
- Round-trip, air-conditioned transport including pickup and drop-off in central Tel Aviv
Departure & Return
Israeli Textile Center, Kaufman Street 2 (Corner of Shenkar & Kaufman St)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head through the gates (own expense) below the mountain: where a UNESCO-listed, ruined 1st century-BC fortress sits on the summit. Then, set out independently to make the challenging hike up a pathway to the top.
At the summit, absorb the spectacular sunrise: watching as the sun ascends over Jordan’s Moab mountains and the Dead Sea. Then, explore the fortress remnants before descending and continuing to Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, an idyllic oasis of palms, waterfalls, and pools.
Enter the reserve (own expense), and enjoy free time to explore the trails. Admire the fairy tale-like waterfalls, caves, and springs, and watch for wildlife like the desert ibex.
Next, travel to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth, and enjoy ample time to enjoy the unique setting. Visit a private beach to float in the salt-heavy waters and if you wish, slather yourself in the mineral-rich, therapeutic mud.
Finally, journey back to Tel Aviv, where your trip ends at your original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- The hike to the top of Masada Mountain requires a moderate level of fitness
- This is a self-guided tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tourist Israel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms