30 minutes to 1 hour (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Take a scenic, spiritually moving full-day trip from Thessaloniki to the monasteries at Meteora. These hilltop cloisters, built into the rocks at 1,300-feet (400 meters), are among the most important complexes in Eastern Orthodoxy and a UNESCO World Heritage site. This awe-inspiring guided tour begins with convenient hotel pickup and travels through the striking countryside of Thessaly, with stops for coffee and an optional Greek lunch in a picturesque village.
- Take a full-day tour to the historic, UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries
- Experience the dramatic landscape and hilltop cloisters of Thessaly
- See one of the most important sites in Eastern Orthodoxy
- Enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup and drop off in Thessaloniki
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring comfortable shoes
- The monasteries have a strict dress code: men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PrimeTaxi - Transfers & Tours Services
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full Day Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Full Day Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki
30 to 60 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingThessalonikiBus Tours - MacedoniaNature and Wildlife - MacedoniaCategory