10 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Since the middle of the fourteenth century, over twenty monasteries have been built at the top of Meteora, a precipitous rock formation of pillars and cliffs that looms over the Greek countryside. Only six remain today; on this tour, you’ll visit two perched atop these ‘columns of the sky’. Spend your morning in close encounter with these marvels of faith and architectural prowess, then take the afternoon to explore Kalabaka, the town at the foot of the pillars.
- Instead of getting a rental car and worrying about where to park, enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore two monasteries described by the UNESCO as ‘unique examples’ of man’s interaction with his natural environment
- Discover the wonders of Meteora at your own pace on this private tour: there's no need to rush
- Get lunch, buy souvenirs and experience the rhythm of modern Greek life in Kalabaka
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Meeting in your hotel lobby or in a meeting point nearby
- Makedonia Airport, Thessaloniki Greece
- Α' Τελωνείο Θεσσαλονίκης, Thessaloniki 546 25, Greece
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PACHIS TRAVEL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Meteora private tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora private tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora private tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora private tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora private tour from Thessaloniki
10 to 11 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingThessalonikiShore Excursions - MacedoniaBus Tours - MacedoniaPorts of Call Tours - MacedoniaHistorical Tours - MacedoniaFull-day Tours - MacedoniaCategory