- Half-day tour of Vergina from Thessaloniki
- Marvel at the ruins of the ancient capital of Macedonia
- See the tomb of Philip II, the royal palace, the agora, and the burial ground
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and private transport
- Ideal tour for first-time visitors to Vergina
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide on a walking tour of the impressive ruins, including the monumental palace, richly decorated with mosaics and stuccos, and the burial ground, which houses hundreds of tumuli, some dating back as early as 11th century B.C. Be sure to stop by the Tomb of Philip II, the father of Alexander the Great, and the Prince’s tomb, thought to be that of Alexander IV, the son of Alexander the Great. You will have time to explore both with and without your guide, depending on your preferences.
Back in Thessaloniki, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff