Are you interested in?
- Two-day trip to Kyoto and Nara by rail from Tokyo
- View the stunning, snow-capped peak of Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen bullet train
- Take a sightseeing tour of Nara, including UNESCO World Heritage-listed Todaiji Temple and Kasuga Shrine, with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit the Golden Pavilion Temple and Nijo Castle, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, plus the Imperial Palace on a morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Admire 1,001 statues at Sanjusangendo Hall, and see Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine and Kiyomizu Temple on an afternoon tour
- Keep an eye out for free-roaming deer at the Deer Park
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointJP Tower, 2-chōme-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 3 people per booking due to room type restriction; if you have more than 3 people in the group, please make multiple bookings
- Hotel pick up and drop off is not include.Meeting Location: Tokyo Station Marunouchi South Exit Tokyo City i on the 1st basement floor of the KITTE building at 9:20.a.m
- Train times may change due to time table alterations or other reasons.The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats on the bus and train may not be designated.Depend on the number of participants, a sedan or taxi van may be used instead.
- [About Day 1 Itinerary (Nara Afternoon Tour)] Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way) .Thank you for your understanding. At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- [About Day 2 Itinerary (1-Day Kyoto Tour)] The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event 2020: The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25. Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end / New Year's holidays, Ryoan -ji Temple will be visited instead. Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way) .Thank you for your understanding. Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- If you would like a vegetarian menu, please inform us at the time of reservation.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. No meal included
- This is a special tour for international visitors.Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour.
- While requests for non-smoking rooms and Double rooms are accepted, requests may not be accommodated depending on the hotel. Thank you for your understanding. Also, children sharing beds with adults are limited to 1 child per bed.
- It will not be possible to bring large luggage whose total height, width, and length exceeds 160 cm onto Shinkansen. If bringing large luggage, please make use of a delivery service on your own.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms